Finding the perfect location is one of the biggest parts for pulling off an unforgettable proposal! We have a list of some of the most unique and romantic spots all over Colorado to help inspire you.
1. Garden of the Gods is located in Colorado Springs, and is a very popular and iconic location. It’s extremely busy on weekends, but has one of the best backdrops of beautiful red rock formations.
2. Rocky Mountain National Park has a ton of location options for your proposal like Storm Pass, Bear Lake, Moraine Park, and so many more!
3. Great Sand Dunes National Park is located in the San Luis valley and rests against the Sangre De Cristo mountains. Home to tallest sand dune in North America, Star Dune, this is a perfect location for something unique.
4. Hanging Lake is a rare treasure, located in the heart of Glenwood Canyon on the White River National Forest. It takes a little more work as you’ll have to make a reservation to hike the trail, but the awe-inspiring scenery and waterfalls will be worth it.
5. Paint Mines is one of the most unique places with it’s vibrant orange and pink colored clays. You’ll need a permit to take photos here, but gem is definitely worth the cost.
7. Lost Gulch Overlook offers a stunning lookout over the forest foothills and mountains, located in Boulder. This location has definitely got some of the best views for the sunrise and sunset, but can get pretty busy during those times.
8. Mount Falcon is another location just outside the Denver metro area. You can find castle ruins, a lookout tower, and views of both Denver and the Red Rocks, and so much more.
9. Chautauqua Park another popular location that has beautiful views of the Colorado sunrise and sunset. With trails also along the Flatirons, you find a spot perfect for you.
10. Blue Lakes is a short hike near Breckenridge. You can find perfect spots along the trail with views of the alpine lake and mountains for a truly Coloradan experience!